Global Mass Transit has released the second edition of the NFC Mobile Ticketing for Transit Report 2021-2030 in November 2020.
Here are some of the key highlights from the report:
- Global Mass Transit Research estimates that the market size of mobile ticketing for public transport will increase from USD350 million in 2018 to over USD1.7 billion in 2025.
- With the spotlight on contactless payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the size of mobile ticketing industry has increased by 40 per cent.
- Around 60 per cent of the cities with plans to deploy mobile ticketing are based in Europe.
- In the US, of the total cities with plans to deploy NFC-based mobile ticketing, over 80 per cent will deploy the solution for the first time.
- Digital wallets account for 50 per cent of the share in NFC-based mobile ticketing.
The NFC Mobile Ticketing for Transit Report provides an analysis on:
- Chapter 1: Information on the current NFC mobile ticketing industry, applications of NFC mobile ticketing technologies, NFC-enabled digital wallets, wallet models and processes, standards and certifications, key trends impacting the current market, comparative analysis of alternative fare media, considerations for transit agencies to deploy mobile ticketing, benefits of mobile ticketing to transit authorities, and key issues and challenges.
- Chapter 2: Key upcoming trends influencing adoption of NFC ticketing such as integration and interoperability, contactless and open loop payments, mobility-as-a-service (MaaS), blockchain, digitalisation in public transport, big data, and evolving customer expectations.
- Chapter 3: Detailed impact of COVID-19 on mobile ticketing for public transport with focus on regional impact, factors influencing use of mobile ticketing and expected growth in mobile ticketing in the post-COVID era.
- Chapter 4: Recent developments including deployments, pilot projects, contracts awarded, announcements, partnerships, etc.
- Chapter 5: Outlook for the segment, opportunities, key growth drivers, plans of transit agencies to deploy NFC-based mobile ticketing, potential for NFC mobile ticketing, way forward to 2030 and risks and challenges impacting future deployment.
- Chapter 6: Analysis of opportunities by region- North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East and Africa.
- Chapter 7: Information on key players in the segment, the competitive landscape and the industry outlook.
The report will be useful for transport authorities, operators, service and technology providers, system integrators, ticketing equipment suppliers, investors/lenders, start-ups, research organisations, industry consultants, regulatory agencies, development institutions, academia, etc.
The report was released on November 30, 2020.
The report is available in PPT format (converted to PDF). It is priced at USD 4,000.
To download the brochure for the report, please click here
To purchase the report online, please click here
For further inquiries, please contact:
Mobile: +1 905 228 6419
To download Table of Contents, click here
To download Sample Section, click here
For any query, please contact:
Mobile: +1 905 228 6419